Searching the Internet/ASK

Question
How on earth do I get rid of this ASK thing that has taken over my computer? And all the ads that it must be putting on. I can't do anything!!!!!

Answer
Hi, Joan. Been there, done that and hate Ask toolbar and associated files that screw up the computer.  Relax. You can make it and the ads disappear.  You probably picked it up downloading a needed program or updating one like an anti-virus, JAVA, etc. and not being careful about unchecking the box that says Ask comes along with d/l.  Ought to be a law!

Start by reading about the crappy Ask and it's removal searching on keywords:
ask toolbar removal

Here's a good 3 pager: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421591,00.asp

When I had the problem, I uninstalled the toolbar, but forgot to clear the browser of Ask extensions.

Let me know if you need more assistance.  Regards, Patrick  

Searching the Internet

Pat Dunlap