Searching the Internet/problems connecting

I run Win 8.1 on a Lenovo Ideacentre.  The last 2 days the computer won't connect to the Internet. The Internet provider says it is connecting; its a software problem.  Lenovo had me boot up in safe mode and the internet does work.  They said they would charge me $179 to troubleshoot why it won't connect either because of virus, or software malfunction.  Can you tell me if there are sources for free that will help?

Don, give me some more info and I'll try to help for no charge.  Where are you in PA?  I'm originally from Latrobe.  Who is the ISP?  Comcast?  Provide me more details re what's going or not going on. Guess you are on Allexperts via another computer.  Awaiting your reply.  Patrick in Clarksville, MD

Searching the Internet

Pat Dunlap

My expertise is searching the Internet for answers to almost any question or topic imaginable. I know how to ask the right questions. Just want to help others to try to find answers. The least I could do is try. I enjoy "the hunt."

I have 25 years experience in looking for answers to the most bizarre questions. For the past few weeks I was listed in the "Miscellaneous" category and folks somehow found me. Please check my ratings there for the past three weeks.