Searching the Internet/Engine search

Hello, so I just did a online search of my name and my old profile picture from Facebook came up as well as I my basic information: name, age and last known address on the site people search.  My question is I don't necessarily want this information out there so what can I do?  I've been meaning to delete my profile on facebook because I don't use but what else can I do?

Not much, Samatha, except as you say kill the Facebook account.  You apparently have the security setting such that the photo shows up.  It may stay visible on a name search even if the account is deleted.  Don't know.  The other information is mostly public, like White Pages for address and who knows how they get the age and a few other tidbits.  Have you ever searched your name on  Yikes!  Sometimes photo of house, directions, cost of house, other family members & names, etc.  Scary!  Actually, I have lot of folks ask a similar question of me after they discover something they didn't want others to see shows up on a search.  The Internet is not "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".  Well, maybe it is if the Internet is Vegas.
All the best, Patrick  

Searching the Internet

Pat Dunlap

My expertise is searching the Internet for answers to almost any question or topic imaginable. I know how to ask the right questions. Just want to help others to try to find answers. The least I could do is try. I enjoy "the hunt."

I have 25 years experience in looking for answers to the most bizarre questions. For the past few weeks I was listed in the "Miscellaneous" category and folks somehow found me. Please check my ratings there for the past three weeks.