Searching the Internet/Adsense from Google

I suppose Google learns about what I search for and harasses me with advertising thereafter. This is Ok for my hobbies but how do I get rid of unwanted advertising? There are two ads that really anoy me: one is a flashing blue-red warning saying my PC is about to crash. The other is a sound "Goal.....goal..... goal...." which I must have picked up during the world cup. Is there a file or setting in the google account where I can refine my ads? O.... or perhaps I should just use yahoo?

Not that I know of or discovered.  I agree with you about them being annoying.  Yahoo is just as bad as others.  I'm sitting here on Yahoo looking at products I was researching on Amazon recently.  I've tried in the FireFox browser various do not track addons, but not much success.  Try addons for the browser you use and experiment to see if any work.  
Regards, Patrick  

Searching the Internet

Pat Dunlap

My expertise is searching the Internet for answers to almost any question or topic imaginable. I know how to ask the right questions. Just want to help others to try to find answers. The least I could do is try. I enjoy "the hunt."

I have 25 years experience in looking for answers to the most bizarre questions. For the past few weeks I was listed in the "Miscellaneous" category and folks somehow found me. Please check my ratings there for the past three weeks.