Searching the Internet/history

QUESTION: Made big mistake.  I clicked on a topic (Kim K) just to see what it was and now I wish I hadn't  Terrible mistake on my part.  Is there any way I can establish parental controls so by two grandsons won't be able to click on that choice?  Using Firefox and Google.  When I open Google and enter the letter K - There it is!!  Can you help me.  I really appreciate your time and consideration. RL   Also, I am not a computer expert.  I know how to turn one one and search a little -  but that is about the extent of my ability...

ANSWER: Richard, you should be able to clear the history & cache and make the autocomplete go away.  If you don't know how, then just do a Google search on keywords: clear history.  If you need more help, let me know.  Regards, Patrick  

QUESTION: Well, I tried it. Nothing happened.  I google search history and it told me to hit pause, them pause history.  When I hit pause no pause history appeared.  I'm hopelessly lost.

ANSWER: No you're not, Richard.  Try this search: stop google autocomplete in firefox.  We'll keep trying to fix this until we get it right.  Promise!  Pat

QUESTION: Well, called up the site and took the second thing to try.  Then opened up goggle and hit the letter K.  Guess what.  Got the same name.  Shall I try some of the others?

Sorry to hear that, Richard, but if you went thru a bunch of those hits, you'll notice you are not alone trying to fix that, or on the other hand, folks trying to get Google autocomplete to work again.  Here's two more to try:

Do you have the latest Firefox browser?  Use that and the "Help" section and type in "turn off autocomplete".

The Little Engine That Could

Searching the Internet

Pat Dunlap

My expertise is searching the Internet for answers to almost any question or topic imaginable. I know how to ask the right questions. Just want to help others to try to find answers. The least I could do is try. I enjoy "the hunt."

I have 25 years experience in looking for answers to the most bizarre questions. For the past few weeks I was listed in the "Miscellaneous" category and folks somehow found me. Please check my ratings there for the past three weeks.