Searching the Internet/perpetual search

Question
Pat,
    I was wondering if there was a way to set up a search query which will continually search for a result. For example, say i searched for a surgical video: "landsmeer ligament repair of thumb" and at the moment in time there is no such video, but the search will continue through time untiljsuch a video exists, at which time i will receive a notification via e-mail.

Answer
Hi, Rick.  I've used Google Alerts for that sort of thing for years and it works really well receiving notification emails when whatever I've plugged in shows up on the Internet.  Might work for what you want also.  Give it a try testing various keywords and such.  
http://google.about.com/od/personalizegoogle/ss/createAlertSBS.htm
Let me know if I can help more.  Which part of PA are you in?  I grew up around Latrobe.
All the best!  Patrick

Searching the Internet

Pat Dunlap