Searching the Internet/how to word searches

Question
Pat,
     How do I word my google queries in order to get the results i want? I am wanting to find answers about medical questions, such as "what causes nerve pain in the back when swallowing something cold" Is google advanced search the best way?

Answer
Rick, sorry for the delay since I just now was informed your question was waiting in the system.  Happens sometimes.  OK, totally understand what you want, but re the nature of the search I must warn you from personal experience with my own health issues that you can drive yourself nuts trying to find answers, go in the wrong direction, becoming hyper seeing someone else's symptoms, etc.  With that said search on keywords like: pain in back when swallowing liquids.  As you read through the exchanges, please keep my warning in mind.  Also, watch for other keywords and symptoms that could lead to another keyword search.  No, I don't think Google Advanced would help in this case.  I hope you get some insights and resolve the issue.  A doctor would certainly not like the patient using the Internet for help.  Be sure to consult a doc if the pain persists, but that's your call.  All the best!  Patrick, ex-PAer  

Searching the Internet

Pat Dunlap