Searching the Internet/how to filter searches by date

How do you filter search results by a specific date? A lot of time i want to search for information that is most current like antivirus reviews, health information, etc. and I need to filter out webpages from previous years. This would prevent me from being overwhelmed with information that is up to date. Also, what determines how long a website is on the internet? Thanks!

Howdy, Rick!  First,as far as I know what happens in Cyberspace, stays in Cyberspace, unless someone who controls such data is able to take it down which is not an easy process.  Regarding filtering, do a search on keywords: limit search to years.  You should find various ways to do just that.  You might also try using Google Advanced Search for filters.  Happy St. Paddy's Day - Those who drink to forget, please pay in advance.  All the best!  Patrick

Searching the Internet

Pat Dunlap

My expertise is searching the Internet for answers to almost any question or topic imaginable. I know how to ask the right questions. Just want to help others to try to find answers. The least I could do is try. I enjoy "the hunt."

I have 25 years experience in looking for answers to the most bizarre questions. For the past few weeks I was listed in the "Miscellaneous" category and folks somehow found me. Please check my ratings there for the past three weeks.