Secondary School Educators/COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN ME A PHRASE OF AMERICAN ENGLISH?

Question
Could you please explain me what does it mean the phrase "TODAY WE PRESENT UNTO THE LEAST OF THIS.."? I had listen it to an audio-cassette entitled "THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD",taken from the chapter 25th of the Gospel second Mattew.
Eecuse me,but unfortunately i'm Italian and strive to improve my bad English,above all spoken American English.
I hope you will help me with my English.

Thank you.
         GIULIANO

Answer
This is not my expertise, but I'll try.

Without hearing the sentence, I don't know exactly was said, but maybe it was "Today we present unto the least of these...."

"present" is a formal way to say "give"
"unto" is an archaic way of saying "to"
"the least of these" is also archaic, meaning "the least important of these people"

Altogether, I would say you could modernize the phrase by saying:
"Today we give to the least important of these people..."  

Secondary School Educators

Dan Riordan