Security & Fire Protection Systems/A dripping fire sprinkler head in my living room

building chief wrote at 2015-10-31 15:48:07
The pressure change could be from the main line lowering their pressure. you may have a check valve, which is a one way flow valve, that kept your pressure high until you flushed the system. When you refilled it after your repairs, it filled to the new pressure level. I have pressure swings in my riser as much as 20psi from the street, prompting us to install a checkvalve. The swing was so great that one time it set off my riser sensor and triggered the fire alarm sending out the fire department.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dominick G Kasmauskas

Can assist ONLY with WATER-Based FIRE Protection Systems, specifically fire sprinklers. Legislative issues, education, home fire sprinklers, where to find resources, and promoting fire sprinklers as "Green". Mostly NFPA 13, 13R, 13D, 14, 20, 24, 25, 101 and model building, residential, and fire codes.

Fire sprinklers, code enforcement, working with legislation, creating reports, presentations. Familiar with the LEED system. NY Regional Manager of the National Fire Sprinkler Assn. Member of two NFPA committees and the American Water Works Assn - Fire Protection Committee. I have done countless presentations and articles involving the fire sprinkler concept. Presently a memebr of the NY State subcommittee to the Codes Council for dwelling fire sprinklers.

NFPA, ICC, AWWA, SFPE, NYSBOC, NY Fire Marshals, Greater NYC FSDA, US Green Building Council.

NFPA Fire Service Section newsletter, SQ Magazine, NFSA Regional Reports.

Former NJ Certified Firefighter, Fire Inspector, Fire Official, and Fire Instructor. Presently an NFPA Certified Fire Protection Specialist and NY Certified Code Enforcement Official.

US Army- GCM, and Honorable Discharge. Fire Service- 2 commendations.