Security & Fire Protection Systems/glass breaks vs. window contacts

Valerie wrote at 2013-05-16 17:37:55
I just wanted to add that the glass break detectors can be set off by dogs barking even at the lowest sensitivity setting.  It is not an exaggeration.  My husband and I have three dogs and one of them has a very high pitched yap; something like a border collie's bark, and she sets it off if she's in the room with the sensor.  I don't have children so I don't know if a baby's cry will trigger it. But in summary it can be set off by something other than glass breaking and we now only have magnetic sensors on the windows and a glass break in the basement where the dogs do not go.

Rick wrote at 2014-04-02 01:13:11
We just had our dog set off our glass break sensor.  So…yah, I believe dogs can set them off fairly easily.  First false alarm we have had with the alarm.  Active for about three months now.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.