Security & Fire Protection Systems/Ademco 5800 TM

I have an Ademco Vista 20P with a 5881ENH wireless receiver, 5800TM (transmitter module) and a wireless keypad 5828V. When I tried to set up the wireless keypad, I can't get it to receive the status updates as if the transmitter module is not working. I know the receiver part is working because I can a arm and disarm the alarm from the wireless keypad, but it's not getting any status back.

So here's how I set up the transmitter: I cut the red jumper to set it to address 28 and it's wired to the panel like the receiver and it's located outside the panel about 1 feet away from the antenna. I have set the HouseID correctly and verified that if I change it, arming the alarm from the wirless keypad won't work.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to verify the transmitter is working properly? The wireless keypad is located about 10 feet from the transmitter module. I've tried several different distances and none work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The transmitter hasn't been enrolled properly (to enable two way communication).  You need to access system programming.  Do you have the programming manual?  Do you have access to installer level programming (through the installer's code).  Is your system monitored by a third party through your telephone?

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz

Questions relating to Burglar Alarm and Security Equipment, Fire Alarm and Extinguishment Systems, Access Control, CCTV Systems, Installation, Service, Testing, Verification

30 years installing, servicing, and testing security, access control, extinguishment, and fire alarm systems

Chair of ULC Working Groups for Fire Alarm Testing (CAN/ULC-S536) and Fire Alarm Verification (CAN/ULC-S537), Executive Director of the Fire Protection Technicians Network (

Publications, Better Business Bureau Magazine, Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia ( SUPPRESS! and Techs Fire Break Newsletters

Associate in Science; Emergency Systems (University of British Columbia); Aircraft Maintenance Technology (BCIT)