Security & Fire Protection Systems/Ademco 5800 TM

Question
 I have an Ademco Vista 20P with a 5881ENH wireless receiver, 5800TM (transmitter module) and a wireless keypad 5828V. When I tried to set up the wireless keypad, I can't get it to receive the status updates as if the transmitter module is not working. I know the receiver part is working because I can a arm and disarm the alarm from the wireless keypad, but it's not getting any status back.

So here's how I set up the transmitter: I cut the red jumper to set it to address 28 and it's wired to the panel like the receiver and it's located outside the panel about 1 feet away from the antenna. I have set the HouseID correctly and verified that if I change it, arming the alarm from the wirless keypad won't work.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to verify the transmitter is working properly? The wireless keypad is located about 10 feet from the transmitter module. I've tried several different distances and none work.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Answer
The transmitter hasn't been enrolled properly (to enable two way communication).  You need to access system programming.  Do you have the programming manual?  Do you have access to installer level programming (through the installer's code).  Is your system monitored by a third party through your telephone?

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz