Security & Fire Protection Systems/condo alarm

This is addtional info-- on alarm system needs from last week-
I installed mother board- the alarm system when energized at box in closet auromaticly goes to ARM 30 seconds then alarm goes off-- I have tried the installers code in the book- on key pad in bedroom and also tried key pad downstairs- neither will disarm alarm-- HELP !!
TKS  Peter--

You will need to detail for me exactly what you have done, (removed circuit board from package,matched wire terminals, etc, so I can figure out what happened. If it was a new panel that you purchased, it should not be going into an "armed" state by itself. The only thing I can think of is that one of the zones you wired was pre-programmed as what's called a 24 hour zone. It's what you would use for a panic button or flood-alert sensor or other device that you want to activate the alarm whether it is armed or not. So tell me what openings you tied down to which inputs, then I can find a copy of the install manual for the system and figure out what's wrong.  

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman

Any question related to Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA), Access Control Systems (ACS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS), and "Single Platform" Systems Integration Technical Writing and Documentation

25 years in the design and installation of security systems. 9 years experience in port and maritime security systems.

Government Security News

Various Factory Certifications

Moffatt & Nichol, Engineers (Port of Long Beach, Port of San Diego, Alabama State Docks), Disney Studios, McDonnell Douglas, Various Celebrities