Security & Fire Protection Systems/DSC PC1555RKZ + PC1565

A recent power surge appears to have caused problem with our alarm system. The system is about 8 years old.

The alarm went off. After disarming it can not be armed again. The system light on the PC1555RKZ is now always on.
I checked the fault codes using *+2 and get the following:
Code 1. Pressing this further reveal code 1 and 3 -> (1) Indicating Low Battery problem and (3) indicating General system trouble.
Code 5 -> Indicating zone fault. Pressing this indicating that the Panel Tamper is faulty.

What do you think I should do the rectify the problem? I am thinking of changing the battery. Does changing battery require me to power off the AC power or can that be done whilst AC power is on? Also the panel tampering appears to be a physical contact in the panel door. I checked by pressing this and it does set off the alarm so to me looks to be operating fine. Not sure why it is showing as a fault in the system?

Any advice much appreciated.

Hi there,

Before I can try to help you with this, please can you let me know if you have any wireless equipment on your alarm system. There are 7 possibilities for wireless equipment on the PC1565 via the wireless receiver:

WLS904 Wireless Motion Detector
WLS905 Wireless Universal Transmitter
WLS906 Wireless Smoke Detector
WLS907 Wireless Slimline Universal Transmitter
WLS908 Wireless Panic Pendant
WLS909 Wireless Key
WLS910 Wireless Handheld Keypad

Also, is the system set-up for security only, or both fire and security?

Many thanks

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Malcolm Evans

I can answer questions relating to Fire systems and Gaseous Fire Suppression systems, both mechanical (including Integrity Testing) and electrical components (Addressable and Conventional systems) and can cover UK standards and regulations. Also, I am Ansul trained and certified in R-102 Ansul Kitchen Suppression system design, installation and maintenance.

I have 2 years experience with my current employer, a UK Fire Protection Company, in installation, testing and maintenance of various system types, and design of Ansul R-102 Kitchen Suppression systems.

FIA (Fire Industry Association) and BAFE (British Approvals for Fire Equipment) accredited. Ansul certified.

Secondary Education (GCSE's) and Technical College (City & Guilds).

Land Rover; RBoS; Wilkinsons; Jaguar; British Telecoms; British Sky Broadcasting; Welsh Assembly; BBC Scotland; Crowne Plaza Hotel chain; Holiday Inn Hotel chain; Hilton Hotel chain; London Heathrow; Gatwick; Financial Institutions; Local Government Offices and many more