Security & Fire Protection Systems/Ranger American Alarm PC1550

Question
Recently the red flashing trouble light was blinking and it turned out to be a dead back up battery in the master control panel.  I bought a new battery and when I make the positive and negative connection to the battery, the alarm siren starts blazing automatically.  What is the proper procedure for reinstalling the new battery?

Thank You!!!

Answer
Hmmm... The PC1550 has a yellow trouble light.  The red light indicates an alarm condition which the old battery was probably too weak to handle.  You'll have to plug in the new battery (observe the correct polarity) and then enter your code to disarm the system.  There's no "magic" (or special procedure) to replacing the battery.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz