Security & Fire Protection Systems/First Alert Alarm FA 260

I need to reconnect my alarm after construction and need the sequence and color code to reconnect the control box.And I need to reset the code.I have the old code,but am unfamilar with this unit. It is equipped with motion detector and a door ajar sensor.Thanks,

How much of the control box wiring was disconnected?  Your question could turn out to be a tough one to answer.  I believe the FA-260 is based on a Honeywell/Ademco panel that's been private labelled.  Do you have a wiring diagram?  Did you label all the wires you disconnecte?  I sure hope so!  Give me a call in the morning.  I'm on Pacific Time.  1-888-34-3473 (in North America).

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz

Questions relating to Burglar Alarm and Security Equipment, Fire Alarm and Extinguishment Systems, Access Control, CCTV Systems, Installation, Service, Testing, Verification

30 years installing, servicing, and testing security, access control, extinguishment, and fire alarm systems

Chair of ULC Working Groups for Fire Alarm Testing (CAN/ULC-S536) and Fire Alarm Verification (CAN/ULC-S537), Executive Director of the Fire Protection Technicians Network (

Publications, Better Business Bureau Magazine, Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia ( SUPPRESS! and Techs Fire Break Newsletters

Associate in Science; Emergency Systems (University of British Columbia); Aircraft Maintenance Technology (BCIT)