Security & Fire Protection Systems/No GLow or Black Out IR security camera

Question
I have a problem with theft and vandalism in my yard, and I want to try to catch  the thief/vandal.

I have decided that a no glow or black out IR trail cam may be my best bet....

Question:  are these type cams really undetectable,  glow or light free?  It is in close quarters where I would be setting it, and it is imperative that the person not see any light from it.

Question:  Can you recommend some such cameras for me to consider?  I would be willing to pay $300 -$400 for it , if it can do the job.

I would love to be able to go to the authorities with a clear picture of the person who is stealing and damaging my property.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thank you for making yourself available for advice on All Experts.

Jay

Answer
Before you spend ANY money on cameras, check with your local Police or Sheriff's department to see what they would view as acceptable proof.  There's no point in spending your money if they're not going to be able to use what you provide.  Most professional CCTV systems utilize a security grade Digital Video Recorder to provide a time/date stamp that's embedded in the recording.  A good system will use multiple cameras with crossing fields of view.  You're looking at spending a bit more than 3 to 4 hundred dollars.

If you're in the US, don't you have rather intense criminal trespass measures you can employ?  I might suggest posting a few signs.  You might even consider deploying a few camera dome housings around the area as well so it looks like you mean business.  To my way of thinking "catching someone" in the act is secondary.  I don't even want them ON my property.  Why not make the "cameras" visible and make them think twice about even coming in?  My two cents.

Have a great Christmas and all the best for the New Year!

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz