Security & Fire Protection Systems/seclurity system problem

Question
My system is a Concord Express that was installed by ADT.  I no longer pay for the service & the phone is disconnected.  My unattached garage has sensors on the doors and window that work on AAA battery, somehow sending a signal to the house.  When a battery is low the control panel in the house tells me which one.  I tried to replace a battery but broke the electrical connector that holds the battery.  In the meantime the panel will not stop beeping.  I can only shut the beep of for about 10 hours and it starts again, beeping every minute.  How can I shut down the beep or even the whole system.  I cannot get any sleep at nite.

Answer
Ron,

You either need to remove the sensor from the system's programming, or just power down the entire system. Easiest way to get you some sleep is going to be just shutting everything off until you can get the sensor fixed. You need to do 2 things (Please make sure you own the system and are not under contract with an alarm company before doing any of this)-

1. Find and unplug the transformer for the system. This is a small plastic box that will be plugged in somewhere.

2. In the main alarm control box is a back-up battery. After you unplug the transformer, carefully disconnect the battery leads from the battery. If the box is locked, look on top of it, there might be a key there. Other than that, you would have to just use a strong screwdriver to pop the cover on the box.

Hope this helps,

SB

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman