Security & Fire Protection Systems/Alarm System has no power

Question
I had a trouble light on my alarm panel and chirping.  I determinied it was not my phone line and must be the battery, which was approximately 7 years old. I turned off the sound, and the alarm was still functioning.  I finally ordered a replacement battery, but in the meantime, the lights went completing out on the control panel, which I didn't expect as the alarm system should function with the electrical power as the battery is only a backup.  I received the new battery and installed it to see if it would re-set the system or something, but still no power/lights.  Any idea what's wrong?

Answer
Hello Colleen, and thanks for your question.

In order to help you, could you please look at the control panel (where you replaced the battery), and find the make and model number for me? It should be written on the hookup diagram that's on the inside of the cover.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler