Security & Fire Protection Systems/DSC intercom station replacement

Hi Dave,
We've got the DSC Power 832 system with intercom expansion.  I'd like to add another intercom station (5901 A 1 )in an additional room but I cannot locate a unit to buy anywhere.  Is there a replacement station for the old 5901 and if so, where can I get one?  Thanks, Kevin.

Hello Kevin and thanks for writing.

I seem to recall that DSC discontinued these intercom modules, but I may be wrong. I checked one of the larger alarm parts dealers here:

...but don't see that module listed. They might be worth a call though on their toll-free number.

An online search shows two other possible sources that you can try (Tri-Ed and Harris Security):

If in fact you find that these are no longer available, the next option is to search eBay for a used one.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.