Security & Fire Protection Systems/omegalarm 4000

Question
I would like to change the access codes on my alarm system.  Can I do it myself from the key pad?  I don't have the key to the "control Box" that is in the basement.

Can my monitoring system change it through the phone?

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Chaya, the designation 400 refers only to the keypad, which can be used with several different models.

You'll need to identify the control panel number, and with that, we can find the correct user's manual, which will answer your question on access codes.

The control panel is separate from the keypad, and will be tucked away in a closet or the basement. It'll be a steel box, probably beige in color, and a little larger than a phone book.

When you find it, open it and look at the information on the inside of the cover.

This will reveal the model number of the control.

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler