Security & Fire Protection Systems/omegalarm 4000

I would like to change the access codes on my alarm system.  Can I do it myself from the key pad?  I don't have the key to the "control Box" that is in the basement.

Can my monitoring system change it through the phone?

Hi Chaya, the designation 400 refers only to the keypad, which can be used with several different models.

You'll need to identify the control panel number, and with that, we can find the correct user's manual, which will answer your question on access codes.

The control panel is separate from the keypad, and will be tucked away in a closet or the basement. It'll be a steel box, probably beige in color, and a little larger than a phone book.

When you find it, open it and look at the information on the inside of the cover.

This will reveal the model number of the control.

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.