Security & Fire Protection Systems/99 Alarm First Alert Professional FA215

Question
We recently purchased a home that has a First Alert Professional FA215 installed. The doors/windows chime when you open them and everything was working fine. I was trying to "figure it out" a little more one day and must have entered in the previous owners panic buttons because I set the alarm off on myself. The alarm turned off after about 5 minutes. Now the screen says "99 Alarm" and the keypad is lit up and nothing I press will make it go back to normal. The doors/windows are back to chiming but this error code still appears.

We are not subscribed to any alarm service.

Thank you for your help!"

Answer
Hi.  I hope you have the master code or a valid user code.  To clear the alarm you will need either one.  Enter the code and then press "1" (off).  You must do this with no pauses between keystrokes that are longer than two seconds, otherwise the system will "forget" what you pushed.  The Ademco product is, in my opinion, one of the best alarm systems on the market.  (First Alert is a direct to dealer system manufactured by Ademco only available to select alarm companies willing to invest some bucks into purchasing a large amount of product).  If you don't have a valid user code (or the master code), I may be able to help you recover it.  Let me know by contacting me through the website on my signature line.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz