Security & Fire Protection Systems/NAPCO Magnum Alert 1008lk

Question
We installed our alarm back in 1988 when we built our house. We have not used it in the past 10 years and forgot the code. Can you explain to me how to program a new code so we can use our alarm again. We had an electrical problem and had to unplug it for a week. I plugged it in, it went off for 30 sec. and stop. If you walk by the motion detector it will go off but we can't remember the code to shut it off. Any help would be appreciated.
         Gary

Answer
You're going to have to source a new battery as well.  You can pick one up from Home Depot or Lowes.  It's a sealed lead acid unit likely rated at 12 v 4.5 or 5AH.  If you can (and you have room inside the main control, go for the 12v 7AH unit.

You can download the manual for your equipment at http://www.firetechs.net/library/manuals/Napco/ma1008einstallation.pdf.  If the system has been operating as a local system, the default code should still be in place.  I wouldn't suggest defaulting your panel as programming the Napco products can be a real pain without the software and the direct connect kit.  The older Napco products software will only run on a Windows XP machine.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz