Security & Fire Protection Systems/Honeywell Vista 15P

I have a Honeywell Vista 15P. I just ended my contract with the alarm company and changed the phone number from them to now call my cell phone .  System calls me now without the alarm being triggered , mostly at 4 AM.  I believe it is trying to send a report. What is the programming codes to turn off reporting ? It is probably something like installers code + *59 + something else. ( I do have the installers code )

Hello FlyBoy, and thanks for writing.

These alarm systems are not designed to call cell phones. There's a protocol that systems follow when dialing a monitoring center in order to pass alarm data. That's basically a conversation between the alarm panel and the monitoring center receiver. Your cell phone doesn't know how to handle that, so you get repeated attempts from your control trying to establish that link.

Here's a link to the installation/programming instructions for your system:

Check page 3-2 for instructions on programming your system to contact a PAGER. Yeah, that's ancient technology, but it's the best option you have with that equipment to do self-monitoring.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.