Security & Fire Protection Systems/Contact ID Event Qualifier 6

Question
QUESTION: Hello Dave,
Can you tell me when alarm panels send Contact ID codes with Event qualifier = 6 (status report)?

ANSWER: Hello Dimitar, and thanks for writing.

Here's a link to a useful SIA document that lists Contact ID Codes and Event Qualifiers:

http://www.basshome.com/sia-standard-ademco-contactid.htm

You'll see that Event Qualifier 6 means, "Previously reported condition still present (Status report."

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that sending a ststus reprot will depend on three things. First, the control's programming must be programmed for system status (here's an example):

TO PROGRAM SYSTEM STATUS, & RESTORE REPORT CODES (∗59 thru
∗68, *70 thru ∗76, and ∗89):
For 3+1 or 4+1 Standard Format: Enter a code in the first box: 19, #+10 for
0, #+11 for B, #+12 for C, #+13 for D, #+14 for E, #+15 for F.
A 0 (not #+10) in the first box will disable a report. A 0 (not #+10) in the
second box will result in automatic advance to the next field.
For Expanded or 4+2 Format: Enter codes in both boxes (1st and 2nd digits)
for 19, 0, or BF, as described above.
A 0 (not #+10) in the second box will eliminate the expanded message for
that report. A 0 (not #+10) in both boxes will disable the report.
For Ademco Contact ID Reporting: Enter any digit (other than 0) in the first
box, to enable zone to report (entries in the second boxes are ignored).
A 0 (not #+10) in the first box disables the report.

Second, whatever caused the initial transmission must not yet have been restored (it's still in trouble since the transmission).

Third, I think the transmission of the status report will only happen in tandem with another event that prompts the system to send a communication.

Does that help?

Best Regards,

Dave

QUESTION: Thank You Dave,
I assume that a burglary alarm panel would send a status report when there is a trouble condition still present (codes 300 through 393, except code 313-Engineer reset).
Would a fire alarm control panel send a status report when fire supervisory condition is still present (codes 200..206)?

Best Regards,

Dimitar

Answer
I don't know... but I think it should. And as I recall, it was pretty common for fire systems to program an automatic communications test signal every 24 hours. If there was a previously  reported but unresolved supervisory alarm, I'd sure expect it to be reported during the communications test.

So I'd expect the central station to either get the status report or a restore signal on the supervisory alarm.

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like you had a supervisory alarm, no restore, and no status report on the supervisory?

That would be an interesting problem!

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler