Security & Fire Protection Systems/Radionics D6112 Home Alarm

Question
QUESTION: Not sure if my question reached you first time I sent it, so apologize if you have to repeat your answer.  We have the Radionics D6112 alarm system and need to change it to digital voice (10 digit dialing) for outgoing dialing.  It currently does 7 digit dialing. Can you please let us know how to do this?

ANSWER: Thanks Leon... got the first one, and just responded a few minutes ago.

QUESTION: Dave,
Sorry to do this to you but you answered to an incorrect mailbox.
Could you please send answer to this mailbox.

Thanks and looking forward to your answer.

Leon

Answer
Hello Leon, and thanks for your question.

You have a "vintage" Radionics system. Unfortunately, these Radionics panels were programmed two ways.

One method used a bar-code programmer and code book. The second method required the use of a proprietary remote programmer and Radionics software. Most current versions of control panels allow programming via the keypad.

So the bottom line is that you cannot do this yourself.

To have the change made, you'll have to find a Radionics/Bosch dealer in your area that still services these obsolete systems.

If there are no dealers available that can perform this service, your only option is to replace the control and keypad#s# with a new system.

Sorry for the bad news. If you need assistance in trying to find a dealer, please go to www. alarm.org. On the left side of the screen, near the top, you'll see a box that's labeled, "Locate a Security Company." There's a search function based on your Zip Code.

Call a few to see if they can provide the service you need, or can refer you to a company that can.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Dave  

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler