Security & Fire Protection Systems/Remote for #FA260

Question
I'm interested in obtaining a key fob remote for First Alert Security System as shown above to arm the system.

Where can I find one other my local Sentry Alarm company?

Thanks very much.

Answer
Hello Joan, and thanks for your question.

I'm afraid it isn't as simple as buying a key fob. That's because the key fob will need to be "enrolled" to your system so that it will be recognized as a valid device. In other words, it gets mated to your system so it'll work with YOUR system and no other system. The enrollment scheme is needed to ensure that nobody else's key fob can operated your system #which would be a bad thing#.

The enrollment process requires the use of what's called the "Installer's Password." This is different than your Master Code, and it is a code that only your alarm company will have.

So, in short, if you want to add a key fob to your system, you're pretty much locked in to working with the installing dealer.

I hope this helps, and if you have additional questions, just let me know.

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler