Security & Fire Protection Systems/Reconnect bhs-4000B

Question
I had a contract with Brinks, at the end of my contract I called to have my alarm contract cancelled for monitoring. When they came out, they disarmed my entire system. I was extremely upset and called customer service, they said in the fine print they actually own it and can do whatever they want. I need help to connect it to just have it on locally. Can you help me out?

Answer
Soraya,

I am sorry, I won't be able to do anything. When they shut down your system, they locked it with an installation code. Without this code, no changes can be made to the system at all.

There have been recent court rulings concerning what alarm companies are required to do upon termination of contract. You should write them a letter and send it certified mail, requesting that they release the installation/programming codes to you. Inform them that if they do not, you will file a complaint with the licensing agency in your state, as well as the BBB.

Also, call them and get as high up in their management as possible. Remember the old adage - The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance to you.

Steve Burman

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman