Security & Fire Protection Systems/CH trouble - beeping on BHS-4000B

My non-monitored Broadview alarm beeps at 3 a.m. in the morning with a CH trouble message.  I have the manual, but can't find the programmer.   I want to keep the siren and motion detector alarm.  How do I get it to stop contacting the powers that be at 3 a.m.?

I prefer not to tinker with the box or the outlet gizmo as I am not savvy in that area...and that is putting it mildly.

Thank you very much!

Hello Cindy, and thanks for your question.

The CH trouble means that your system is unable to communicate with the central station. This is because you've canceled your monitoring contract, and Brinks (now ADT) has shut down your account.

To make matters worse, Brinks uses a proprietary control that can't be used by other alarm companies or by individual users.

So your options are to either continue doing what you're doing, powering down the system, or renewing your monitoring contract.

I wish I had better news!

I hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.