Security & Fire Protection Systems/napco magna alert 1000

Question
This unit was with the house when we bought it 13 years ago. I am guessing it is 15-20 years old. The previous owners had lost the manual, and we have left it alone since then. No problems until last night when the power went out. The system now beeps every minute or so. The power has been out before and this has never occurred. How do I shut off the system ?

Thank you.

Answer
Hello Mark, and thanks for your question.

It sounds like you're not using the system, so it's best to just power it down. This is done in two steps. First, find the 16 volt transformer and unplug it. The transformer will be plugged into a wall outlet near to the control panel (not the keypad). It may be secured to the outlet with a screw.

Second, if you can open the control panel, there will be a large battery in the box. Simply pull the leads off of the battery.

That's all there is to it -- you won't be bothered by any beeping.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler