Security & Fire Protection Systems/PC1555RKZ RANGER AMERICAN

Question
Is there any way to reset this unit without knowing the master code.  I recently bought a house with it and the previous owner was the 2nd owner and never used it and didn't know the code. The plug in the closet was unplugged.  When I plugged it in the ready light,system light came on and it is beeping.  I would like to use it, but can't seem to figure it out.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Answer
The default master code for the PC-1555 is 1 2 3 4.  If that doesn't work, try * 8 1 5 5 5.  If that doesn't work, press the "#" sign and try * 8 5 5 5 5.  If that still doesn't work, press the "#" key again and call me at 1-888-340-3473 (toll free in North America).  If the keypad beeps three times after either of the * 8 attempts, press the "#" sign and call me.  I'll then be able to take you through resetting the master code to something you'd like to use.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz