Security & Fire Protection Systems/Thunder/Lightning Sets off IR

Question
I have an FBII XL-2 panel with a zone that includes IR detectors and a glass breakage detector.  Yesterday we had a bad thunder/lightning storm while we were away (the alarm was active).  The storm triggered a false alarm on that IR zone.  Is this an unusual occurrence?  This has never happened before.  There was no damage to the house or the surrounding woods.

Answer
If the glass break detector is on the same zone as the PIR's, then likely this is the culprit.  Thunderstorms tend to rattle windows and emulate what would occur if a window breaks.  I would suggest moving the glass break detector to its own zone (if possible).  That way you can better track what's going on.  For instance, if you're away with the PIR's armed, and you did have a breakin, you would receive an alarm from two separate zones (which, to my mind would validate any alarm from a single zone).

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz