Security & Fire Protection Systems/Ademco speaker replacement

Our intercom patio speaker needs replacing.  The keypad has Ademco NS976V2, M6674 & REV 4 imprinted on cover. We have 10 speakers counting master. Our system is tied in with the doorbell & is 12 yrs. Old.  What can we replace it with?

Hello Roger, and thanks for writing.

I'm not sure that you're going to be able to replace that. ADEMCO's intercom systems were never a big part of their business. They tried integrating the intercom system with some of their alarm controls. Although I'd heard about them, I never saw one in the field.

ADEMCO was acquired by Honeywell several years ago, and although Honeywell does do intercom systems, I don't know that they'd maintain a legacy product like this. And I wouldn't even hazard a guess whether the current models are backwards compatible with your system.

I'd suggest you give Honeywell Customer Support a try. Here's the web page with contact information:

There's also a fellow (Jim Rojas# in South Florida who does some business in used and obsolete parts. I checked his online listing and didn't see any intercom parts, but then again he might have one gathering dust somewhere.

Here's his contact information #bottom of the page):

I hope you find success!

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.