Security & Fire Protection Systems/Battery for FirstAlert keypad FA260

Question
I don't have the alarm system activated , I just have the keypad set so it chimes when any door is opened. Lately it has been beeping constantly every 12 hrs or so and will stop when I press the " off "  button.  I'm assuming it needs a battery .  How do I go about changing the battery and where can I buy it ?  Thank you.

Answer
You'll have to find the main control unit.  It'll be tucked away in a closet or some other out of the way place.  It's a large can that's beige colored.  The battery you'll need is a sealed lead acid unit.  I would recommend the 12 volt 7AH unit.  You can purchase one at Home Depot or Lowes.  Observe the proper polarity when you're reconnecting them.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz