Security & Fire Protection Systems/dvr password recovery

Question
QUESTION: I have a camera with dvr cctv system I've moved from my business to home. I was never given the password for the dvr by the computer guy who originally set it up and its locked.  It looks like a generic 16 channel dvr and the only thing on it is dvr 916sxm.
Can you help me find a way to rest this?
Thanks

ANSWER: Jayne,

I tried to find any mention of that DVR anywhere, and I couldn't. Without an access code, you're pretty much out of options. Sorry I didn't have better news for you.

QUESTION: Thanks. That is the only thing written on it. I couldn't find it online anywhere either. Are there any generic passwords that might work or someway to reset it? This an expensive dvr, I can't afford another and in great need of security at my home right now.
Thanks.

Answer
Few you can try - top is user name, bottom is password

admin
admin

dvr916sxm
admin

dvr916
admin

admin
password

Just various combinations such as that. You could probably take it somewhere and have it hacked, but I've no idea where you would go for something like that, or what it would cost. Maybe do a search on "recover lost passwords" and see what turns up.

Hope this helps!!

SB

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman