Security & Fire Protection Systems/Faraday mpc-1500

The password to get into the Tech Level has been changed and no one remembers the password.

Is there a way to get around this so we can reset the password and get on the tech level to check a problem?

Hi Charles,

I am not overly familiar with the Faraday MPC-1500 systems. However, as an addressable system, there are 2 options that I could advise you on, based on common traits of all addressable systems.

Firstly, if you have the capability to download the panel's CONFIG file, through software and cable and using a Laptop, then the Tech Level access code held in memory can be viewed under PANEL details in the CONFIG file, opened in the software on the Laptop. You can also change it through this.

Secondly, failing that, all you need to do, and something we have to do on a regular basis, is contact the panel manufacturer's Tech Department and explain the situation (i.e. just taken over a system and have not been given a Tech Level access code..........) and they will talk you through a BACK-DOOR access method that will allow you to access the Tech Level and reset the pass code.

Hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Malcolm Evans

I can answer questions relating to Fire systems and Gaseous Fire Suppression systems, both mechanical (including Integrity Testing) and electrical components (Addressable and Conventional systems) and can cover UK standards and regulations. Also, I am Ansul trained and certified in R-102 Ansul Kitchen Suppression system design, installation and maintenance.

I have 2 years experience with my current employer, a UK Fire Protection Company, in installation, testing and maintenance of various system types, and design of Ansul R-102 Kitchen Suppression systems.

FIA (Fire Industry Association) and BAFE (British Approvals for Fire Equipment) accredited. Ansul certified.

Secondary Education (GCSE's) and Technical College (City & Guilds).

Land Rover; RBoS; Wilkinsons; Jaguar; British Telecoms; British Sky Broadcasting; Welsh Assembly; BBC Scotland; Crowne Plaza Hotel chain; Holiday Inn Hotel chain; Hilton Hotel chain; London Heathrow; Gatwick; Financial Institutions; Local Government Offices and many more