Security & Fire Protection Systems/smoke detector model 1225


I have 24 0f these in an apartment building. where can I purchase the Lifesaver model 1225 in order to just plug the new one in not have to replace wiring to detector

Hello Dennis, and thanks for writing.

Over the years I've had several questions concerning this Lifesaver model, and have never been able to find the direct replacement. My best guess is the Kidde i12040. This is the direct replacement for the Lifesaver 1275.

It comes with a quick-disconnect wiring harness that Kidde has been using for a few years to make replacement possible without changing the entire harness. But I doubt that your older 1225 uses the same harness, so you're likely going to have to replace the harness anyway.

Here's a link to the product information on the Kidde i12040:

If you choose this model, you should shop a few online sources to get the best price. (Atlanta Supply is usually a good source.)

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,


Security & Fire Protection Systems

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dave Neuweiler


The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.


Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.


©2017 All rights reserved.