Security & Fire Protection Systems/DSC PC3000

I have the DSC PC-3000 v7.7 alarm system.  I have done all the programming myself so I am pretty familiar with the unit.  My question is is there a way I can set it up that if the Alarm Goes off when I am not around it can dial out to central station and not ring forever.  I would like it to time out after lets say 10 minutes.  There is no point in it ringing forever if there is no one there who can disable it.

Thanks very much.

You can set the alarm time to four minutes (actually required by most Jurisdictions in North America).  Siren time-out is Section 22 (where you program the delay times).  As for "calling a central station, your system doesn't have a "pager option", unfortunately.  Most central stations will only deal with an alarm company, which means that you'll have to sign a contract and relinquish control of your system to the servicing agency.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz

Questions relating to Burglar Alarm and Security Equipment, Fire Alarm and Extinguishment Systems, Access Control, CCTV Systems, Installation, Service, Testing, Verification

30 years installing, servicing, and testing security, access control, extinguishment, and fire alarm systems

Chair of ULC Working Groups for Fire Alarm Testing (CAN/ULC-S536) and Fire Alarm Verification (CAN/ULC-S537), Executive Director of the Fire Protection Technicians Network (

Publications, Better Business Bureau Magazine, Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia ( SUPPRESS! and Techs Fire Break Newsletters

Associate in Science; Emergency Systems (University of British Columbia); Aircraft Maintenance Technology (BCIT)