Security & Fire Protection Systems/Napco Gem P800 security alarm

Dear Steven,
The sirens on my alarm system do not sound with much volume anymore.  Would this be affected by an old battery?  The one in my system is about 15 years old. If you don't think it's the battery, what do you think I can do to correct them? Thank you for your help.  Bob

It's probably not the battery, but at 15 years old, you should change it. Most likely the siren circuit in the panel has gone bad, or the siren itself.

I would:

A. Change the battery. Don't think this is the problem, but you should change it.
B. Replace the siren. You can find one on Ebay easily.
C. Replace the main circuit board.

Hope this helps.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman

Any question related to Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA), Access Control Systems (ACS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS), and "Single Platform" Systems Integration Technical Writing and Documentation

25 years in the design and installation of security systems. 9 years experience in port and maritime security systems.

Government Security News

Various Factory Certifications

Moffatt & Nichol, Engineers (Port of Long Beach, Port of San Diego, Alabama State Docks), Disney Studios, McDonnell Douglas, Various Celebrities