Security & Fire Protection Systems/Want to recieve alerts from DCS PC2550

I have an old functioning alarm system which alarms only locally. We live in a remote location and have no wireless service. I would like to tie the system to our wifi network to send out text messages. Is this possible?

Wow, a PC2550. Last time I saw one of those was around 1993 or so. Not really too much you can do with it. I would rig a relay up to your siren output, and connect the relay to one of these:

It's just going to tell you your alarm has activated, not why. A new system would do more as far as telling you exactly what the alarm is, ie; front door, motion detector, smoke detector, etc, but would also entail more $$.

Hope this helps.

Steve Burman

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman

Any question related to Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA), Access Control Systems (ACS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS), and "Single Platform" Systems Integration Technical Writing and Documentation

25 years in the design and installation of security systems. 9 years experience in port and maritime security systems.

Government Security News

Various Factory Certifications

Moffatt & Nichol, Engineers (Port of Long Beach, Port of San Diego, Alabama State Docks), Disney Studios, McDonnell Douglas, Various Celebrities