Security & Fire Protection Systems/PassPoint ACS Error

One of my PassPoint proximity card readers is rapidly flashing red/green alternating; it's normally a solid red until access is granted, when it momentarily turns green. It actually works correctly, but the flashing light is new and concerns me. The main control board has two diagnostic LED's labelled DIAG1 and DIAG2 on the lower right of the board. DIAG1 slowly flashes red, while DIAG2 rapidly flashes green. These are not the power/battery LED's: They're at the bottom, and labelled as noted. They don't appear in any of the documentation. There are no error messages in the logs. Do you know what the DIAG LED's mean, and what could be causing the strange flashing on the card reader?

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with Honeywell's PassPoint system. Being an everyday user, you are most likely far more knowledgeable than I am.

However I did find this forum which seems dedicated to solving problems such as yours, it is all PassPoint users -

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Steve Burman

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Steven Burman

Any question related to Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA), Access Control Systems (ACS), Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems (PIDS), and "Single Platform" Systems Integration Technical Writing and Documentation

25 years in the design and installation of security systems. 9 years experience in port and maritime security systems.

Government Security News

Various Factory Certifications

Moffatt & Nichol, Engineers (Port of Long Beach, Port of San Diego, Alabama State Docks), Disney Studios, McDonnell Douglas, Various Celebrities