Security & Fire Protection Systems/DSC Power 832 PC5010 - carbon monoxide won't stop beeping

Hello Dave:

I have a security system DSC Power832 PC5010 which is no longer connected to an alarm security system but is still connected through wiring. For the past 2 days my carbon monoxide system has been beeping every 10 minutes but I don't have carbon monoxide in my house because another detector in my house that is not connected to the security system is not beeping. I cannot seem to be able to stop this annoying beeping & it wakes the entire house every time. How can I stop this noise without cutting any wires & just use the alarm panel?

Please help me.

Thank you

Hello Anne-Marie, and thanks for writing.

It's not clear to me whether whatever is beeping is connected to your DSC system. Is there a trouble LED or zone LED that illuminates along with the beeping?

If not, it's unlikely that whatever is beeping is connected to the DSC system. Another way to determine this is to ascertain whether the control's keypad is beeping, or the beeping is coming from somewhere else. If the keypad is not beeping, it's likely a separate standalone detector.

On the other hand, if you're certain that the CO detector IS part of the DSC system, then let's find the make and model of the detector. This will help me in troubleshooting the problem. Also, the manufacture date should be printed on the bottom of the detector. Send me that as well.

Since this has been going on for two days, I'm not overly concerned that you have an accumulation of carbon monoxide. But to be sure, consider taking the CO detector that is NOT beeping, and place it near the one that seems to be sensing carbon monoxide. If the other one alarms, then I'd call emergency services right away.

Please let me know the make and model of the CO detector, and I'll do my best to find a solution for you.

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.