Security & Fire Protection Systems/Completely shut down PC5010

Question
Hi we have the DSC Power 832 - PC5010.  I have disconnected the battery from the panel over a month ago and now the panel has started an intermittent beeping.  It is showing, after *2, trouble with 1, 3 and 8.  According to the manual, after I push 1 it comes back with a second 1 which in the manual says low battery.  I would like to permanently  shutdown the system.  How do I do this?

Answer
If you've disconnected the battery, you also have to disconnect the AC power transformer.  This is usually a "wall wart" plugged into an outlet fairly convenient to the common control.  It's usually held in place by a screw (or in some cases, nylon straps).  Are you sure the system doesn't monitor 12VDC smoke or carbon monoxide detectors?  These are life safety components that will become non-functioning if you disconnect power.  Some systems are set up to provide you with a flood alert should you experience a water back-up problem.  These days, "security" is only one component of a fully integrated home and can even provide lighting control.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz