Security & Fire Protection Systems/DL code on FA120C Security System

Question
System will not go into state of ready.  All I can find in my manual is that this code appears when the system powers up and is in its one minute initialization period.  The dl code now stays displayed all the time.  The manual says that this time can be bypassed by pressing "#" + "0" but this does not work.  How can I get my system functioning again?

Thanks for your time on this site.  Ed

Answer
Hello Ed, and thanks for writing.

The "DL" code means that the system is disabled.

From the User's Manual found here:http://www.protectron.com/images/stories/manuals/firstalert/FirstAlert_FA120_en.

TROUBLE CONDITIONS
Other Displays
dl: If this remains displayed for more than 1 minute, your system is
disabled. CALL FOR SERVICE IMMEDIATELY.

I think the one thing you can try is a system reboot; to do this, disconnect the AC and then the battery. Wait about 30 seconds, then re-apply the battery and AC. If that doesn't work, then the last resort is to call your provider and schedule a service call.

I wish I had better news ...

Best Regards,

Dave

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler