Security & Fire Protection Systems/Smoke Alarm

Hi Dave, I guess I have the same issue as Linda my alarm is 14 years old and it keeps beeping with or without the battery so my husband took it down and went looking for a replace.  Can't find one so can you tell me where to get one. It's a Firex 120-1072B it has a 9 volt battery as well.
Thanks for your help

Hello Betty, and thanks for writing.

It's pretty hard to find these in local stores, so it's best to order online. Also, the Firex line was acquired by a different company, so you'll need a compatible replacement.

Go to this site, and click on your model number in the chart. That'll give you the direct replacement. You can buy direct from this outfit, or shop around for other vendors that may have a better price. Just Google the model number and you find several vendors (even Wal-Mart!).

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.