Security & Fire Protection Systems/Upgrading Old Alarm System

Question
HI.

I have an older FBII XL-2 4600 6 zone home alarm system, and wish to connect a remote receiver to the system to remotely activate and deactivate the system when leaving my premises. Is this even possible, or would i have to upgrade my control panel to a new generation? I have search on the web for any answers, but have come up short.

Thanks
Darren

Answer
You can do this with your existing panel, but the cost would be about the same to actually upgrade to a newer panel that has these options already available.  If you're "doing this yourself", then I would suggest DSC's line of "Power" panels, like the Power 832.  It comes with eight input zones on board, four programmable outputs.  Couple this to a touch screen keypad (PTK5507), add the "Escort" system and you can actually CALL your panel from any cell phone, determine what's going on in your house, arm and disarm, turn on exterior lighting...  It's a powerful panel that's geared for the ultimate home automation system.  http://www.dsc.com.  You should be able to buy all the product locally from a friendly alarm dealer.  If you can't source it there, give me a call at 1 888 340 3473 and I'll steer you towards a couple of online security stores that won't "gouge" you on price.

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz