Security & Fire Protection Systems/dsc 1864 alarm panel

I installed a dsc 1864 panel, but I can't get it to dial central station. I have install many dsc systems before, but keep getting FTC on this one. Any help will be appreciated.

ANSWER: I'd suggest going through every programming parameter to check that you have the right phone number programmed, account number (remember the double "f's" at the end if you're only using four digits), and the account number for partition 1 matches (if you're using CID format).  Make sure you've got dial tone on your tip and ring terminals and that you can actually call someone (some Telco's maintain a dial tone even if the line has been software disabled).

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I have done all you suggested but still the the panel is not ingratiating the dialer. I have a phone bud attached so I can listen in. Even if I had the incorrect ph. number it should still attempt to dial out.

The only thing I can suggest then is to do a panel software default and start over programming from scratch.  If there are no issues with the telephone line, try eliminating dial tone detection and put in a "pause" instead.  I've found some VOIP phone services to be problematic with this panel.  Removing dial tone detection usually solves the issue.  If you need to talk to me, my number is 888 340 3473 (toll free in North America).

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz

Questions relating to Burglar Alarm and Security Equipment, Fire Alarm and Extinguishment Systems, Access Control, CCTV Systems, Installation, Service, Testing, Verification

30 years installing, servicing, and testing security, access control, extinguishment, and fire alarm systems

Chair of ULC Working Groups for Fire Alarm Testing (CAN/ULC-S536) and Fire Alarm Verification (CAN/ULC-S537), Executive Director of the Fire Protection Technicians Network (

Publications, Better Business Bureau Magazine, Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of British Columbia ( SUPPRESS! and Techs Fire Break Newsletters

Associate in Science; Emergency Systems (University of British Columbia); Aircraft Maintenance Technology (BCIT)