Security & Fire Protection Systems/Safewatch Pro 2000

How do I disassemble the Safewatch Pro 2000 to access the battery?

Hello Ed, and thanks for your question.

There are two components here; the keypad where you enter commands, and the control panel, where the hardware -- and battery -- are located. (I mention this only because some folks mistakenly believe the battery is in the keypad.)

The control panel is 12.5 inches wide, and 14.5 inches tall (and 3 inches deep). The only disassembly required to access the battery is to remove the cover of the control panel. The cover is secured by two screws on the edge of the cover. There also may by a lock in place, but this would be unusual. If there is, it probably takes a 2420 key, which you may find tucked away on the top of the panel.

If there's a lock and no key, you'll have to call your service provider for assistance.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.