Security & Fire Protection Systems/finding a compatible cellular modem & service

I have (2) security systems that have First Alert FA120C panels and I need to find a cellular solution to replace my phone line to increase the robustness of the system.  I also have (1) security system with a DSC 1550 panel.  I know that they communicate at a slow baud rate, but, still I need to find a compatible cellular solution and a service that is affordable.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Winford, and thanks for writing.

Since your three systems are already monitored, have you contact them to see what they offer in terms of cellular? The reason I mention this is that the solution will have to compatible not only with the various equipment at your end, but with the receiving protocols at the monitoring center.

In brief, this is not the type of question that can be addressed via e-mail; it will require a technician to inspect your systems and make the appropriate recommendation.

Sorry to not be of help!

Best Regards,

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Dave Neuweiler

The design and application of burglary and fire systems for homes and businesses. Helping alarm owners understand how their system works. Helping to troubleshoot false alarm problems. Questions about monitoring issues.

Over a quarter century in the industry. Experience in installation, service, and monitoring centers. Training manager for a national protective services company; director of education and training for a national trade organization for for alarm dealers.