Security & Fire Protection Systems/QUESTION SECURITY WIFI TECHNICAL INFORMATION

Question
Frank Hi I need your help, I'm looking to put a DIY Security System inside and outside of my home. First can you recommend a very good easy to install motion system. Second, when it comes to WIFI will any WIFI system work. Are there any minium WIFI requirements. I appreciate any information.  Thank you Ken

Answer
I'm not sure what you need in terms of functionality for the "WIFI" portion of the security system.  Are we talking cameras that are IP based?  

There are a number of really good security systems out there.  The DSC "Power Series" of controls offer pretty good value for the money.  Check out Alexor and Neo at www.dsc.com but you have to be aware that the keypads burn through batteries like crazy if you're using them a lot.  I've had very good success with the Alexor system on a number of installations.  The user interface is very easy and the equipment is easy to set up.  They have a number of different types of wireless door contacts.  The coolest one is concealed in the frame (similar to the normal wired in contact).

Security & Fire Protection Systems

Frank Kurz